cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 not appearing in Liveupdate Administrator 2.3

1337PWN3D
Level 2

I've installed Liveupdate 2.3 admin with the idea that it will have support for Backup Exec 2010 so that i don't have to have a seperate policy for servers that have this installed? but alas, it still doesn't support. When will Symantec support Backup Exec 2010 inside Liveupdate Administrator?  it's really annoying as this is the only application that is affecting my policies.

Anyone have an workaround? edit liveupdate databases?

Cheers,

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just for information we had a long standing defect in LiveUpdate Admin that meant that it did not work reliably for versions of Backup Exec that did see product catalogs released (11.x and 12.x)  As such a Product catalog for 2010 and above has not been provided.

At this current time an update for LiveUpdate Admin should be due later in the year which we believe solves the long standing defect. At this point we will hopefully be looking to either provide updated Product Catalogs for the current BE version or at very least plan that the next version will be supported.

1337PWN3D
Level 2

I would be good if you could get an ETA? will it be out the same time as SEP 12? This is the only thing stopping use from tightening our firewall settings.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry I don't have an ETA at this current time.