cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 22 SDR 32bit

Backup999
Level 2

We're using Backup Exec 22 and backing up 32 and 64bit Windows 10 computers. When creating the SDR ISO the information of the 32bit machines are not listed - althought the OS version is listed in the SCL (and DR files listed in the SDR\Data\ folder). The documentation says that in BE 22 there's only the 64bit SDR left, but it should be possible to use it to recover 32bit OS too (different to older BE versions). 

Has anyone an idea how we can recover computers with 32bit Windows10? Have we overseen a setting, or is this a software bug?

4 REPLIES 4

kf2013
   VIP   

Did you try to recover? any problem?

We haven't tried to recover 32bit machines so far - as we are not able to include the DR information for them into the SDR ISO. It might work to recover, but without the right DR information I think it's not a reliable way to do recovery. 

Is there a way to get an ISO created for 32bit computers in BE22? Or do you know how we might get the DR information for 32 bit computers added to the 64bit SDR? 

kf2013
   VIP   

I think BE has changed the behavior.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100033528

The SDR Wizard then gives an option to choose the language and select the checkbox to
automatically start network services. Till 21.2 the ISO creation would provide an option to
create a 32 bit or 64 bit ISO but later releases will create 64 bit SDR ISO so the option is taken out.

Backup999
Level 2

I know that BE has changed, and that from version 22 on only an 64bit ISO can be created - and documentation says that this should be used to recover both - 32- and 64-bit OS machines. But when creating the ISO it's still collecting only the DR information for 64bit computers. So we need a solution how to add 32-bit computer DR information to the ISO. Or do we have to add information (somehow) manually?