Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec DLO

Walid_Samy
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Dear all,

I'm using BackupExec V.10 with DLO option installed.
The problem occured,when i tried to make a backup on a workstation (WinXP&MS office 2003) by using the DLO client.
whenever i tried to backup an opened MSword Doc file a warning occured with the following message " d:\x.doc is in use by another application. It will be retried."
while the backup process succeeded if i closed the same file with no warnings.
Note . Advanced open file option is not installed, but i think it's not the reason for the problem as i tested it with the Advanced open file option and the problem still the same
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I request you to stop the antivirus services on the workstation while taking backup and check the result.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Walid_Samy
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Dear Sir,

I checked out and i found that there is no antivirus installed on the workstation with the DLO client. The problem occured only with the MS-Word files when i save the changes made to this files while it is still opened.
With a warning alert that the file is in use by another application. and another maintenance informational alert that the file was detected as a deleted file.
Thank you for your co-operation.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The agent is not able to backup open files, it is recommended to use AOFO option to backup open files or to back them up when they are closed.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.