cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers

Sasikiran
Level 2
Hi all,

Can any one help me for to get a evaluation licence for installation of Backkup Exec Remote agent on windows servers.
Is any support ID has with Veritas.

Quick responce will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
~Sasi
4 REPLIES 4

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
There is no such thing as an evaluation license for BE Remote Agent.

When you run the BE media server in evalution - it gives you all the options part of BE.

Just install BE without any license numbers and it will give you 60 days evalution.

Sasikiran
Level 2
Hi John,

Thanks for quick assistance.
But, We have already purchased Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 for windows servers. Even we have got 5 licenses for Backukp Exec Remote Agent. I would like to extend my existing licenses to 6. I will be requiring this for to extend my application.

Can it be possible to get additional license for the BE Remote Agent for windows servers ? If so, Please assist me regarding this.

Thanks,
~Sasi

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Sasi

That should be no problem - would suggest either contact Veritas Sales or you local reseller to get the extra license for the remote agent.

While you are waiting for the license, you will be able to backup the extra server with the current 5 licenses you have.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Sasikiran,

Did you contact our Sales team to get the additional 6th remote agent license as told by Mr John Chisari ?

I request you to update on the issue.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.