cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Services

sdcadmin
Level 5

I'm using BE 2010 R3.  The service, Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems, does not stay started.  The service is set to start automatically.  It stops running over night and I have to restart the service in the morning to run the backup.  Sometimes the service will start and when I run the backup, the job fails because the service stopped again.  I'm not sure why it keeps stopping.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdcadmin
Level 5

I was able to run a backup without the service failing.  I went into the properties, recovery tab and set the first and second failure boxes to restart the service.  I checked the event viewer and didn't see any errors at 7pm when the service typically crashed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Make sure remote agent is updated, also check event viewer for any errors related to the service.

Are you running any AV on the problem server?

sdcadmin
Level 5

Hi AmolZeroCool,

I will look at the event viewer.  We are running HBSS on the problem server.

Sush---
Level 6

Exclude the Backup Exec folder from anti-virus on access scanning.

Also is the service stopping at same time everynight??

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I've also found that the RAWS agent itself gets corrupted somehow, and I include a uninstall/push-install of the RAWS agent on the affected server if the above doesn't work.

THanks!

sdcadmin
Level 5

Hi Sush,

The job runs at 7pm and the service has stopped 5 times, but at different times.

sdcadmin
Level 5

Ok, cool.  Thanks!

Riyaj_S

What type of data are you backing up ? (like flat files, exchange, sql, ev, avvi, etc)

What is the destination ? (like disk, tape, removable drive, etc)

Also check what service is crashing and if it is crashing on same resource everytime ? ( like physical server, virtual server, exchange database, sql database, etc)

Also check if Backup Exec if fully patched and the remote agents are also updated.

sdcadmin
Level 5

I was able to run a backup without the service failing.  I went into the properties, recovery tab and set the first and second failure boxes to restart the service.  I checked the event viewer and didn't see any errors at 7pm when the service typically crashed.