cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Version identification

charliec2
Level 3

I am new to Backup Exec. 

Our company has Backup Exec 2012 installed and the only version identification I can find just says version 1798. 

- How do I ascertain the exact version and update level of our Backup Exec 2012 main server installation? 

- How do I ascertain the exact version and update level of the Remote Agents running on our servers?

CC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

if you go to Installed Updates it will say Service Pack 2 if it has been installed

also you can go to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec - locate Beremote.exe - view the properties and details adn the the version listed should be 14.0.1798.1244 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,  Go to the Backup Exec Icon and select Help and Documentation then click About Backup Exec.

on the remote servers you can go to the RAWs folder and right click view properties and version or from Programs and Features you can view the version on the Symantec Backup Exec program.

I recommend going to Backup Exec and running Live Updates by clicking on the Backup Exec icon - selecting LiveUpdates  when all have been ran  make sure and push the remote agent out to your remote servers.

charliec2
Level 3

Thank you Imosla.  I did go to About Backup Exec and that is where I found the "version 1798".  Nothing about SP1 or SP2.  Would it indicate an SP level if one had been applied?

lmosla
Level 6

if you go to Installed Updates it will say Service Pack 2 if it has been installed

also you can go to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec - locate Beremote.exe - view the properties and details adn the the version listed should be 14.0.1798.1244 

charliec2
Level 3

Thank you Imosla.  Installed Updates gave me exactly what I was looking for.  Learning the click sequences.  Thanks again.