cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec deletes .BKF files?

Edwin_de_Jonge
Level 2
I have setup a backup-to-disk folder in Backup Exec to backup data from a PC on the network at 12:30 every day.
The backup-to-disk folder is stored on the same server where Backup Exec is installed.

After the backup-to-disk job ends there is a .BKF file in the backup-to-disk folder. But this file is gone when the normal tape backup ends! This backup job is a normal full backup job to tape, which runs every day at 23:00.
I presumed the .BKF file is on the tape, so if I wanted to restore a file from the backup-to-disk folder I just had to restore the .BKF from tape.
But I can't restore the .BKF file, the file is not displayed when I want to restore it ...

How is this possible???
3 REPLIES 3

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Have you cataloged the media before restoring? While restoring you will see the restore selections and not the bkf files.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Edwin_de_Jonge
Level 2
Thanks,

The problem is already solved.

Some other process deleted the .BKF files before the tape backup runs.

Kind regards,

Edwin de Jonge

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
You might consider the use of a duplicate job which will run straight after the B2D job. This way you don't have to restore the .BKF file but you can directly restore a file from tape to the place the file came from on disk.

Regards
A van der Boom