cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec2010 R3 removable back to disc stops at 33GB

nikkita
Level 2
Partner

I have a client which I just put on Backup Exec 2010 R3. I set up  Removable back up to disc. I ran a small job and it worked ok. It was about 22GB in size. The disc are removable SATA drive 1TB. I moved the media to scratched media and started the regular job. It gets to about 33GB and then asked to insert new media. I have tried several different drives, and modified the job as I thought it was a problem with exchange but it stops everytime at 33GB. So i removed the job, the removable folder and started over. Now I cannot even get run a small test job. It keeps saying insuficient online or nearline media. I have moved the media to retired and I am currently reformatting the disc.

What am I missing here?

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

A test run to a newly created B2D folder would fail with an error until the B2D has been used by a backup job ..instead of a test run, try running an actual backup

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should use a normal B2D folder.  Removable B2D folder is meant for things like RDX and Jaz drives, not removable SATA drives.

In Windows Explorer, right-click on the volume and check that you have sufficient disk space for your backup.

In the properties, check the max. size of the .bkf and whether allocate max size is checked.  Allocate max size means that BE will allocate the entire .bkf before using it.  If it cannot find the space, the job will fail.  Also, check whether the low disk space threshold is enabled and what the low disk space threshold is.  The low disk space threshold is for the entire disk, so you got to be careful about setting it if the disk is used by other applications.

Check that the hardware is supported for B2D.  See the SCL below

BE 2010|2010 R2|2010 R3 Hardware (HCL)

If it is not supported, test its functionalities with 

B2Dtest.exe