cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Fails

Ataal
Not applicable

Background:

I recently acquired a new customer that is running Veritas Backup Exec 9.1. Everything is being backed up to an external 1TB drive.  The customer is a doctor that uses a program called Canfield Mirror PhotoTools.  Before, he was running it on a laptop with a camera attached to it that saves pictures (pre-botox and post-botox) and customer information in an access database.  He then decided that he wanted to be able to show those pictures and other information in his office when his customers came in, so Canfield Tech Support and I transferred the database to the server and converted it to a SQL database.  Ever since then, the backups have been failing on ALL SQL databases, not just the Canfield Mirror database. 

Errors:

The error in the job log is "Database Query Failure" and something about it being "in use".  If you go to the SQL log, it shows a bunch of I/O errors.  If you need more details, I can provide it.

I'm no SQL expert by any stretch of the imagination and I understand that if a database is in use, there can be issues with backing them up.  However, this office is about 10 people strong and are only there during regular business hours.  No one is accessing these databases at 10PM.  Even if I stop the Canfield service, SQL, and SQL agent services, the backups still fail.  Canfield Tech Support said they've never heard of this problem before, so they have no idea why it's doing that.  

Any suggestions?

0 REPLIES 0