cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Failure Due to Service Status

Jason_Watkins
Level 4
Hello,

The running copy of BackupExec 10.0 often fails the jobs it is scheduled to perform due to the BackupExec service not starting. It is set to autostart twice then reboot the computer. The first failure places the jobs on hold, and never brings it to a second failure. What keeps shutting down the service? The service account is a local admin, and I have tried it with the "local service account" as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
You need to use a domain admin account for all the services other than the remote agent service.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Jason_Watkins
Level 4
Hi,

The machines in question are not domain members. WORKGROUP only.

- Jason

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you receive any errors?

- Do you receive any events in the event logs?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Jason_Watkins
Level 4
DO I receive any errors? That is all I receive. Between the service stopping (w/o any errors listed in the event viewer), and "a communications error has occurred" BackUp Exec is not working. I called your tech support line and waited ninety minutes before I had to opt out and have a return call placed. No one ever called me back, and that was on Friday. I really need to talk to someone there, but I cannot wait on the phone all day.

- Jason Watkins

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please paste the exact error message as in the application event log.
Which are the services not starting up?

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Jason_Watkins
Level 4
There are no messages in the application log. The affected service is the "BackupExec Job Agent".

Thank you

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
- try putting the Service in the Debug mode to see if you get any errors.
- Check that your backup exec account is in the local admin group on each server.
- Also ceck that your Services are running under this account. Apart from the remote agent Service, all services should run under this account.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.