Not applicable
I'm getting the following Errors
Job Completion Status
Job ended: Saturday, February 26, 2005 at 12:52:15 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0x5 - Access is denied.

Final error category: Other Errors
Error rule Other Errors was applied.
Job was not scheduled for retry because out of retries.
Final disposition: Job scheduled for next occurrence.

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup - D: Error copying the machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery information
to alternate data path \\Tennessee\L\. You do not have sufficient rights to this path.

I'm setting it to go to back up to disk on a hard drive that's attached to my local machine. It seems to find it, but for some reason thinks it can't write to it. It tries. I know the passwords are correct because I have it signing in as administrator.

Anyone have any idea why it's not functioning? I'm at a loss and I have no backups.

Kelly
4 REPLIES 4

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

The error message "a0008488 hex," "access denied," or "access is denied" is returned when the logon account provided to attach to a resource does not have sufficient rights to back up the resource. Most access denied messages can be resolved by providing an alternate account with local administrative rights to the resource for Backup Exec to connect with. Refer to the technote below to resolve the issue:
TITLE: Troubleshooting basic "access denied" and "access is denied" messages in VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x
URL: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266075.htm

Del_Lee
Level 3
I recieved Access Denied error messages on a couple of Exchange Mailboxes when they had some corrupted messages in them. I had to use the tool MDBVU32 (available via download from Microsoft) to remove them.

Del

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hi,

Please let us know if you have followed the steps mentioned earlier and whether it has resolved your issue.

If the issue still persists, please let us know the latest updates.

Thanks.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply