Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Remote Exchange Server

Stefan_Bredl
Level 3
Hello,

i'm new here.

I'm planning the following scenery:

We have two Servers, SERVER_A with Windows 2003 is the media-server where the backup drive is installed. At the moment there is a BE 9.1 running.
Now i have installed a second server (SERVER_B) with Windows 2003 SBS. On this server i've running Exchange 2003 SP2. In this server there is no backup drive.

Now i want to backup with SERVER_A, besides the data on this server, also SERVER_B with its data and the Exchange configuration and accounts using GRT.

It's quite plain to me that i have to update my BE-Version on SERVER_A to version 11d.
But is it even possible to backup my Exchange account with GRT remote over network?

If "yes": Which software i need? The "Exchange Agent 11d" or also the "Remote Agent"?

Many thanks for your answers in advance.

Stefan
4 REPLIES 4

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Stefan

You need Backup Exec 11d on the media server with the Exchange agent (this agent is installed with a serial number on the media server).

On SERVER_B you need just to install the Remote Agent for Windows Systems 11d (the Exchange agent includes one license for it, so there's no need to purchase).

With this configuration you can backup with GRT.

Regards

Stefan_Bredl
Level 3
thank you for your fast answer.

are you sure that i don't need the Remote Agent?
there are contradictory statements when i talked with the support and the sales team of Symantec. (Sales Team: Remote Agent necessary, Support: no Remote Agent necessary)

Thanks in advance.

best regards
Stefan

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Stefan

You need to install the Remote agent 11d on SERVER_B to backup it up, but you don't need to purchase a license code as the Exchange agent includes one (with the Exchange code you can backup a Exchange server, that's your situation).

And this os for sure :)

Stefan_Bredl
Level 3
Thank you very much!

Perfect and fast answer!!

best regards
Stefan