cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Status recorded as failed - Caused by Novell remote agents?

AE71
Not applicable
Partner

We are having the same problems as were highlighted in the thread below.

Backup Exec is fully patched up (LiveUpdate runs weekly).
Prior to adding on 3x 6.5 Netware servers the status was completed with exceptions (we are also backing up a Clustered Exchange, a file server, CTX servers and SQL databases with all the appropriate agents installed and configured. We are NOT using AOFO.
When configuring the backup, the credential test fails on the Novell servers. I found another forum thread (regarding a restore) where the test fails but the actual job still works. This has proved to be the same case with us.
We run two jobs, a simple tape check job that backs up one file from each server (including autoexec.ncf on the Netware servers). This completes successfully.
The main backup job shows a number of files on the Netware servers within the exceptions list as being in use but showing backed up against them. We have been able to remove the ones it was skipping from the job.
I am now assuming this is an "undocumented feature" with the Novell remote agent. However I really need to change the resolution status so that if/when the job really fails it is picked up and investigated.

The media server is Windows 2003 R2 SP2.

[edit:fixed forum issue, did not change message content]

Message Edited by LakeRat on 12-21-2007 10:58 AM
0 REPLIES 0