cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010 R2

ggaber
Level 2

I have a NEO 2000e tape library that has a SCSI and Fiber drive in it. Backup Exec only has the SCSI drive in the library and the Fiber drive by itself. I have installed the Library expansion option but the drives remain the same. I ran the license assessment tool and it show the Library expansion option but it is not being used. How can I tell for sure if the option is really working?

Thanks

Greg

4 REPLIES 4

teiva-boy
Level 6

Can you delete the devices from both BE and from the device manager in Windows, reboot, and let windows redetect the devices, then run the latest device drivers from Symantec, and re go through the hardware setup of the library?

Since the drives are on separate physical interfaces, and not all FC or not all SCSI, I question if it'll even work like a single library unit, but rather how it's currently shown as a library and a single drive?

ggaber
Level 2

I have tried that and it stills shows up the same way and will not use the fiber drive for the backup

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You will have to run the Device Configuration Wizard in Backup Exec and move the FC-drive so it is available under the library.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...matter of interest...but is the FC drive in the same device pool as the SCSI drive?