cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 9.1 issue

Kim_L
Level 2
 hi,
I have this happening on jobs all over teh place, then it will work fine. The server that is running the jobs is a 2003 standrad windows server, and zaca3 is a netware 6.5 support pack two running remote agent any help out there? I was told I can not restore the schema and the zmw any way so I do not need to back it up any suggestions?

nable to attach to ZACA3.Novell Directory/ZMW/Schema:. 
Unable to attach to ZACA3.Novell Directory/ZMW/Schema:. 
Unable to attach to ZACA3.Novell Directory/ZMW/.ZMW.:. 
Unable to attach to ZACA3.Novell Directory/ZMW/.ZMW.:. 
Unable to initialize Remote Agent

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kevin_c
Level 4
 Kim,
Generally, it is preferable to keep your NDS replicas on the more recent version of NetWare, unless some function on an older version requires a replica on that server. You definitely want the Master replica of the [Root] partition on the most-recent version of NetWare. Its generally a Bad Idea (tm) to put Master replicas on older versions of NetWare in a multi-version NDS tree.

Be sure that all servers are running DS.NLM versions that are very close or the same across all the servers.

You may need to perform a Rebuild Operational Schema on ZACA3. This is a function of DSREPAIR and can be accomplished while the server is up (but I would unload the BE agent and also TSANDS).

kevin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Open the Selection List and click on TEXT view, delete the folders which are not needed.

Hope this helps...

kevin_c
Level 4
 Hello kim,
Looks like BE is trying to access the NDS Target Services Agent (TSA) on the remote server. Is TSANDS.NLM loaded on server ZACA3?

kevin

Kim_L
Level 2
 hi kevin,
yes, i checked and this is loaded, do in need to back up this because i have heard i can not restore this anyway? any ideas? it is making the client cranky

Kim

kevin_c
Level 4
 Kim,
If the server in question does not host an NDS database, then no, you don't need to back this up. TSANDS.NLM can be unloaded from the server to prevent NDS from showing up as a backup/restore target in BE.

kevin

Kim_L
Level 2
 it does host nds database what do you think?

well there is netware 6,5 sp2, and a netware 5.1 but they want to phase out the netware 5.1.

kevin_c
Level 4
 Kim,
Generally, it is preferable to keep your NDS replicas on the more recent version of NetWare, unless some function on an older version requires a replica on that server. You definitely want the Master replica of the [Root] partition on the most-recent version of NetWare. Its generally a Bad Idea (tm) to put Master replicas on older versions of NetWare in a multi-version NDS tree.

Be sure that all servers are running DS.NLM versions that are very close or the same across all the servers.

You may need to perform a Rebuild Operational Schema on ZACA3. This is a function of DSREPAIR and can be accomplished while the server is up (but I would unload the BE agent and also TSANDS).

kevin