cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job getting failed

nitin_ranjan
Level 2

Hi,

We have Backup Exec 2010 R3 which is installed on 2008 R2 server.

We are running jobs on B2D and on tape, B2D jobs are running successfully but jobs which are schedule on tape are getting failed.

And our tape library is going offline very frequently.

Below is the error which is showing in logs.

Drive and media mount requested: 7/30/2014 1:00:00 AM
V-79-57344-33035 - Error - Mount failed.
Physical Volume Library Drive not found.

Job ended: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 1:00:01 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000f16 - The operation failed to acquire the minimum number of drives and media needed.
Final error category: Job Errors

Could anyone help me to fix this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check the TN below and see if this helps you resolve that error:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH69127

Thanks!

nitin_ranjan
Level 2

Hi,

I've checked the media set, it is correct and we are facing this issue with all the jobs which are schedule on tape device. Few days back all the jobs were running successfully, but suddenly its stopped working.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you might then want to find your drive manufacturer's utility and test the drive for any faults.

You can also try a backup straight to tape, and if this succeeds, then recreate the duplicate job.

I've also seen a repair of the BEDB through BEutility.exe fix similar issues.

Thanks!

lmosla
Level 6

If this is a robotic library Verify that Microsoft drivers are used for the medium changer:

Navigate to Device Manager as follows:
For Windows 2008: Right-click Computer > Manage, expand Server Manager > Diagnostics, then select Device Manager.
For Windows 2003: Right-click My Computer > Manager, expand Computer Management, then select Device Manager.
Expand Medium Changer, and make sure that Unknown Medium Changer is listed.
Unknown Medium changer means that the default Microsoft drivers are installed.
If OEM drivers are installed, right-click the OEM driver > Properties > Update driver.
Updating the driver will install the Microsoft driver; Unknown Medium Changer will be displayed.                copied from: How to troubleshoot issues with a Robotic Library (autoloader/changer) and/or Tape Drive(s)  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24414

Check to see if the tape device is using Symantec drivers for the tape device.  In Device Manger right click the tape drive, right click properties, select the Driver tab and verify the provider for the driver is Symantec.

If they aren't Symantec drivers  use tapeinst.exe to install them.  tapeinst.exe it located in \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec