We have backup Exec 2010

How to take the backup of FusionStor Atomic NAS

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Yes you can. You can back up the NAS anyway, but having RAWS keeps your license agreement in place.

You can either browse to it in a selection list, or map the drive to the NAS. I'd go with browsing it in a selection list.

You MIGHT need to add in the NAS username/password to BE itself, but try without first.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

Hi,

You will need a RAWS license to comply with licensing.

From there you can set up your job, and browse to the NAS before selecting what you want to back up on it. Use IP address as this will get around any DNS issues.

Thanks!

vinods
Level 5
Partner

Hi craig

Thanks for your reply .

So if i procure REMOTE AGENT for Windows license i can take a Fusion Atomic NAS backup. I dont have to go for NDMP license. So to backup this NAS i have to do USER DEFINED backup selection or MAP the NAS drive on Backup Server and take a backup.

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod Shinde

CraigV

Hi,

Yes you can. You can back up the NAS anyway, but having RAWS keeps your license agreement in place.

You can either browse to it in a selection list, or map the drive to the NAS. I'd go with browsing it in a selection list.

You MIGHT need to add in the NAS username/password to BE itself, but try without first.

Thanks!

vinods
Level 5
Partner

Thanks for information ...

CraigV

...if you come right with this, will you post back and close this query off?