cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup speed came down from 500 MB/min to 2 MB/min

ReVeR
Level 4
Hi all, hope you can help me with this one.

I have a job that backup that was working fine and backing up at 500 MB/min aprox. Other 3 jobs are also configured for other 3 different servers and were working the same way. All of a sudden the robotic library died and it took a month to fix it. When it came backup up a new problem arised. 1 of the jobs which should backup 1.5GB has a rate of 2 MB/min and after some minutes it ends with error 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors. This makes the tape no longer available to append data as the end marker is not written. I have put the job on hold to avoid this and not waste tapes. The other 3 jobs that backup other servers work ok and their rate is still 500 MB/min. There are no errors in the remote server´s event viewer. I have recreated the job and same rate.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Reinstall the Remote Agent, and make sure that nothing has changed on the remote server. Look at network card settings etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Reinstall the Remote Agent, and make sure that nothing has changed on the remote server. Look at network card settings etc.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
In addition to Craig's sugggestion, verify that the NIC on that server is hard-coded to the fastest speed available on your network, NOT Autodetect.   Also check the switch port it connects to

ReVeR
Level 4
thanks guys, i reinstalled RAWs and backups run fine now.