cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 11d not recognizing backup subnet - 0xe0000f02

Alan_Burton
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have 3 SQL 2005 servers in an Active-Active-Passive cluster, and each of these servers has 4 NICs in them configured as shown below:

1 - Public NIC
2 - Heartbeat on different subnet
3 - Backup subnet
4 - Inactive

My Media server only has two NICs and is configured as follows:

1 - Public NIC
2 - Backup subnet

I have upgraded from 10d to 11d on the media server and deployed the new remote agent that supports 2005 on all three servers.

My problem is this: after selecting the databases that I want to backup using the SQL agent and the AOFO agent, the backup is running over the Public NIC instead of the Backup NIC. When I specify to only use the connection on the backup subnet, I continue to get errors stating that it cannot find the resources it's looking for on the specified subnet.

I have ensured that all my networking works, as I can ping in both directions by name and IP address. I have also tried following the directions in Veritas article 275418, which doesn't address the Remote Agent Monitor for 11d as the Remote Agent Monitor doesn't have the "Advertising" tab as it explains in the article.

I have also viewed article 278397, which doesn't apply as it only applies to version 10d.

Does anyone have any possible suggestions? I have called Symantec/Veritas support on this weeks ago, and haven't heard from them in > 1 week. They have log files collected using the BE diag tools.

Thanks in advance to all that take the time to respond!

sax
1 REPLY 1

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Hi Alan,

As I'm sure you're already aware, this is not possible with Backup Exec 11d due to the restrictions we have on how SQL is published.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Thanks.