cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 20102 R3 - library support

MK523
Level 3
Partner

I've checked that ORACLE SL150 library is not on the latest HCL list for SBE2010R3. But should it work anyway with BackupExec?

Inquiry string for this device is [STK     SL150           0150].

24 REPLIES 24

L8er007
Level 2

With both HBA's SBE2012 does not work.  Same issue.  It can not talk to the robotics.

I dont have SBE2010R3 to test with but I would assume the same result.

Main running copy is Backup Exec Version 14.0 Rev. 1798 (64bit).

If I ask the drive to do a clean the error returned is "Clean Drive 00003 - The job failed with the following error:Physical Volume Library Robot not found"

On boot the error is "Backup Exec was unable to initialize and communicate with the device [STK SL150 0150] (The system cannot find the path specified.)

Tried both SBE and HP drivers for the drive. Its the robot that seems to need specific drivers from Oracle.

MK523
Level 3
Partner

Thanks a lot for checking it. Now we have quite clear situation: It doesnt matter which data interface is used: FC or SAS, and it doesnt matter which version of SBE (12.5/20102R3/2012) is used. IT DOESNT WORK.

We need some additional drivers from Oracle or/and drivers from Symantec....

DDI launch statistics show that is possible to have new DDI package in December..... We'll see....

MK523
Level 3
Partner

Great news!

Latest DDI Drivers package for SBE2012 contains support for ORACLE SL150. Package is also available via LiveUpdate on SBE2012 Server.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH199190

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...install the latest DDI and make sure it runs properly before closing off this forum query.

Thanks!

MK523
Level 3
Partner

It seems to be OK after installing latest DDI package launched JAN-2013. I have tested in my test environment during few backup jobs, tape operations with regular media slots, export slots, etc.

All was done correct.