cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backupexec 11d and SQL 2005 agent

Jan_Lee
Level 3
I have installed Backupexec 11d with an SQL agent on a windows 2003 server the Tape drive is a Dell Powervault 124t Autoload.
The backup job is not backing up the SQL databases and is running at about 3MB per minute.
Even when just running a backup for the C drive and not including the SQL databases the job runs too slowly.
Any advice would be appreciated
Can someone give me the link to the 11d Administration Guide as the one that is on the Web site does work
1 REPLY 1

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Good morning Jan,

There can be a number of possible issues causing the 3 MB/min throughput, which I agree is totally unacceptable for local file backups. First thing I'd suggest to test is to see if it's the tape hardware or SCSI bus causing the bottleneck. Create a Backup-to-Disk folder, and target a backup job to that destination, and see if the throughput increases. If so, then you'll need to check the SCSI controller and bus to the tape hardware(firmware, drivers, cabling etc) .

The Administrators Guide in .PDF format is installed on the server by default, and can be accessed under the Help menu within Backup Exec.

Regards,
Greg