cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups hang, browsing Notes hangs...

Jamie_Kelahan
Level 3
I run backups on a single Windows 2000 server running Lotus Domino 7.  Backups have worked fine for almost a year.  Starting with Tuesday night's backup, the jobs would just get stuck in "pre-processing" for hours and the job would never run.  After checking support, etc. I tried multiple fixes.  I ended up updating from build 6235 to build 7170, installing service Pack 2 and hot fixes 32, 33 and 34 (through LiveUpdate).

I was still having problems and through reading through posts on this board, ended up installing Hotfix 4, which seemed to resolve the pre-processing issue.  Now, the backups appear to start running but they never end.  After an hour or so into the backup, it appears that it's done writing data and does nothing untilI I try to cancel the job.  I say try, because when I cancel it, the job just goes to "Cancel Pending" until I reboot the server or end the Backup Exec services.

Also, I am not able to browse Lotus Domino databases in the selection list.  It just hangs and I have to force Backup Exec to close.  One time I got the message, "Connection with server failed.  Hit F5 to retry." when trying to browse the databases, but then it would just hang again after hitting F5.  Typically, I don't get the message, it will just hang.

I have tried Hotfix 28 also, as that seems to resolve some similar issues, but that has not helped at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Markus_Keller
Level 2
Hi Jamie,

Symantec has just released Hotfix 35 for BE11d Rev. 7170. Run a live update for getting and installing Hotfix 35.
This hotfix should solve the problem with the notes Databases.
More information about this hotfix under http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/296286.htm

I have installed the hotfix and will test a backup tonight. I give you a information what the result is of the backup.

Kind regards

Markus

Markus_Keller
Level 2
Hi Jamie,

last night our Backup Exec Server has done a complete backup of the Domino Databases!! At the moment it seems that the hotfix function. The Remote Agent has actually no problem and has not finished with an error. Tonight we have to do a reboot on our Domino Server. At Thursday night the next backup will run.
I will inform you if the backup is working or not.

Kind regards

Markus