cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS 11d; Exchange 2003/2007

Paul_Jordan
Level 3
Partner
Recently installed CPS 11d.  Trying to use the Backup Exec CPS for Exchange.
Have configured the job to backup to disc as per the instructions.
The job is configured in Backup Exec and appears in the CPS monitor list.
The job appears to be running on the CPS server, data is transfered and the log files appear in the backup to disc folder, however the backup exec job sits as queued.
This has now been like this for several days and I am unable to do a restore of the either the information store or the mailboxes.  In the meantime I am backing up my exchange server with NTBackup.
Canceling the backup job results in a cancellation message and the original job returns to "Scheduled, CPS Job running" however at the scheduled backup time, the job changes to queued.
There is plenty of disc space for the backto disc folder - no other errors are reported.
The same issue occurs when I try to backup my Exchange 2007 system as well.
3 REPLIES 3

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Paul.

A few questions for you.
When you have the Backup Exec job scheduled, are you running CPS jobs at the same time?
If so, that would be the problem.
Also, when the job goes into the queued status, are you getting any alerts?

Patty

Paul_Jordan
Level 3
Partner
Hi

We do have our main data CPS job running - this job copies files as soon as they are changed.  Are we unable to run this at the same time as backing up our Exchange data?
The CPS side of things seems to work - log files are copied to the CPS server, it is the full backup of exchange that does not seem to run.
There are no errors on either server during the operation.

Thanks
Paul

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Paul,

Please review the following technote:

This explains step by step on how to create the CPS jobs with in Backup Exec.

Please let me know if you have any further questions once you review this.

Thanks.
Patty