cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect to Remote Agent

T_T1
Level 4
Hi everyone,
    I am running Backup Exec 11d on a Windows 20003 server with two network connections, one is 100mbps(Local) and the other is 1gbps(Highspeed).  Backups run fine on the local connection however when trying to the jobs on the highspeed connection I recieve 'Remote Agent not detected on serverXX'  I check all connection properrties and all look fine. I can even ping serverXX on the Windows2003 server. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
try this test

open a command prompt on the media server.

Type in "telnet serverxx 10000" (without the quoutes and replace serverxx with your remote server name)

This should return some ASCII characters, if it does not then the port Backup Exec is trying to connect to the remote server with is blocked.

T_T1
Level 4
I tried the test on both network connections. Your right both connection returns ASCII characters where the last two characters are a smiley face and a heart. So the problem is not the port being blocked. What I am confuse is why does it work on our local connect(100mbps) instead of our 1gbps connection.

T_T1
Level 4
Does anyone know how to fix the issue? Please, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advnce.