cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove server from selection list in BE2010

ioniancat21
Level 5
I have recently decommissioned a server and wanted to remove it from my selection list. Unfortunately, I'll remove the server, click OK, see the confirmation in the log showing the removal of the server, then open the job again to view the supposedly updated selection list and the server is right back in the selection list again. How can I actually fix this issue??

Worst case, I could rebuild all my backups again and delete all my selection lists but this will be time comsuming, possibly taking 2-3 hours.

HELP!!!!!!
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Open the selection list and click on "View Sele ction Details" , highlight the server which you want to remove and click on delete.

Hope this helps...

ioniancat21
Level 5
Yeah, I tried that already and it didn't work. The only way I could resolve the issue was doing the following:
  • Delete all backups and selection lists that include the unremovable server
  • Recreate all of the above from scratch

What's funny is that my servers still see the old server in the favorites area as well, despite the machine being powered off. If I right-click and select removing the server from the favorites list, this also doesn't work. Just to add, I built these 3 separate servers weeks ago and setup all jobs independently and didn't copy setting from another server.

I smell a bug......................

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee

Is the server actually selected for backup or is it just listed under the favorites?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Remote agent advertising/publishing is by default setup to remove items from the favorites list if they don't talk to the media server within 14 days - you should see a warning traiangle appear on the icon for the server at some point prior to the server being removed.

With regards your selection lists you should have been able to use the text style view of your selection list to remove the offending server instead of deleting the complete selecction list and starting again.