cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Job hangs tape

Chris_Lunde
Level 3
Have installed BE for Windows 10d onto new server running W2K3. Tape drive is Quantum SDLT 600. (This is all a brand new installation). I also have SP1, HF26, HF31, HF33, and HF34 installed.

The problem is when I cancelled an active job, the job stops ok but the tape in the drive remains in, and the media tab indicates tape is active. The eject button does nothing. The tape light flashes intermittently every 30 secs or so, but tape never ejects. Restarting BE services is only way I can get tape out.

I did not see any info in knowledge base for this type of drive, and figured someone maybe has come across this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Chris
25 REPLIES 25

Not applicable
I am experiencing the exact same problem. Recent 10D installation with the all latest hotfixes installed.

- Single media server
- 2x Quantum M1500 libraries (M1800) w/ Stacklink
- Quantum SDLT320 drives - V94 firmware - latest
- FC420 Fibre to scsi bridges and connected using SSO.
- Using veritas driver (after having problems with OEM)

This product has been extremely painful since it was installed under a week ago. I have counted several major bugs and what is with all the security hotfixes?? Every time I apply one a new one appears!

Symantec - how about getting version 10 right before releasing version 11 in November?

On a side note.. I hear commvault is pretty good.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- What happens if you stop and restart the Backup exec services?

-- Does the tape then get ejected?

Thank You,

Shweta

Chris_Lunde
Level 3
The tape ejects.

In fact, this is the only procedure that I am aware of that WILL eject the tape .

Chris

Ron_Sochacki
Level 2
I have a Quantum Superloader 3 with 1 LTO-3 drive. Same story here, if I cancel a job I have to restart the BE services to free the drive.

Bobby_Torres
Level 3
So in this particular thread we have 4 separate users being affected with the following.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285165.htm

Why doesn't Symantec make this a priority fix? This is causing major grief at my remote sites and it sounds like other customers are also frustrated.

Sean_Pappalardo
Level 3
Looks like they did it, man.

Follow your link and there's a link at the bottom to hotfixes for BE 10.0 and 10.1. I'm installing the 10.1 one now.