Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Select Sharepoint 2003 Databases in Backup Exec 10d SP1

Peter_Riddle
Level 3
Greetings.

I have the following server configuration:

- One Windows Server 2003 server (callled CAPEL) running Backup Exec 10d SP1 and all available hotfixes.

- One Windows Server 2003 server (called WA-SQL) running SQL Server 2000 SP4 and all available hotfixes.

- One Windows Server 2003 server (called LATHAM) running SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and all available hotfixes.

When I try to select any of the databases under Microsoft SharePoint Server Farms, I get the following error:

"An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of Configuration DB (WA-SQL\SPSWA_Config_db01). Access to the device is not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec."

I am running Backup Exec 10d with a not-for-resale license, which gives me all the agents including the Agent for SharePoint Portal Server.

The Remote Agent is installed on both WA-SQL and LATHAM. The system logon accountin use is a domain admin account and has full access to everything.

Does anyone know why this is happening and if so, how do I fix it? Many thanks.

Regards,

Peter Riddle
5 REPLIES 5

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Was the Share Point Portal Option selected during the installation process?

Regards
Padmaja

Peter_Riddle
Level 3
Thanks for that. However, the SharePoint Agent is definitely installed.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to please follow the given steps.

1) When you start BackupExec, click on Network and then click on Logon Account.

2) Select the System Logon Account and then click on Edit.

3) Put a checkmark in front of "This is my default logon account".

4) Click OK.

Also make sure the system logon account has the domain admin and local admin rights

Thank You,

Shweta

Peter_Riddle
Level 3
Hi Shweta,

Thanks for that. I have checked the System Logon Account and it is set as the default logon. It also has both domain admins and local admins privileges.

I have built a test environment that mirrors the production system, and I get the same error.

Regards,

Peter Riddle

Peter_Riddle
Level 3
Greetings all.

My configuration has changed slightly. The Windows Server 2003 box (WA-SQL) is running SQL Server 2005 SP1 and all available hotfixes. However, when I try to select any of the databases under Microsoft SharePoint Server Farms, I still get the following error:

"An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of Configuration DB (WA-SQL\SPSWA_Config_db01). Access to the device is not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec."

Can someone please advise how to resolve this issue? I cannot believe that I am the only person on the planet to be getting this error. Many thanks.

Regards,

Peter Riddle