cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Un-install, Repair, or Remove BE 10.d

Sam_DeForest
Level 2
Does anyone have an Idea on this......
I have a server, lets call "Server1"...loaded BE 10d on it just fine (Windows 2003 Standard). Was able to backup and restore just fine. Everything was working great.

Untill

I renamed the server and joined a domain.

So I have changed the usual items, credentials, database, and such. Now the services will not start at all.

I have tried to "repair" but the process "rolls back" after going about 99%. I get the same result trying to un-install (both methods "programs only" and "all BE materials"). Both "roll back" and nothing is accomplished.

So Im stuck, cannot repair, and cannot uninstall to re-install, and nothing is getting to tape. :(
Email support is failing...and when I try to call for phone support I am told I have to purchase a "support contract". This is a NEW install, I havent even had this software a week.

What I would like to do is manually uninstall BE 10d and re-install fresh. Does anyone have any idea how to manually remove BE from the system?

Thanks,
Sam
4 REPLIES 4

William_Immer
Level 2
just a guess; what about the "log on" settings for the backup exec services?

Sam_DeForest
Level 2
William,
Thanks for the reply.

I have changed all the credentials for the services accurately. I have tried local "administrator" the domain "administrator" and even created a local with administrative rights. Still the services would not start.

Sam_DeForest
Level 2
keeping the thread alive.....I have tried to repair database without success...does anyone have suggestions for repairing or re-installing...im sort of stuck and cannot do either from the CD.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-We suggest you to make the necessary changes in backup exec database via the BEutility feature.
-Open BEutility.exe (located at c:\Program files\Veritas\Backup exec\NT\)

- Expand Known Media Servers, right-click on All Media Servers, select New Media Server, enter the name of the media server (or IP address), and click OK

-In the right window pane, now select the Backup Exec media server, and then click Update Configuration for New Media Server Name from the Service Tasks options in the left window pane.

Update Configuration for New Media Server Name enables you to update the server name of a media server that you have changed, without re-installing Backup Exec. You can also update the domain name if you placed the media server in a different domain. Using this task, you can update either the server name or the domain name, or both if you have made changes to both.

-Once this is done then make sure you re-start the backup exec services.

-Now check whether backup exec works fine or not.

-You also run a database repair on backup exec.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265180.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.