cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot backup system state on a 2003 server.

Karl_Drerup
Level 3
I have a Windows 2003 server which is in a DMZ. I have made the required changes in the firewall and have pushed a remote agent to the server. When I setup a user defined selection to it, I see shadow copy components but when I click on it, it says nothing is available. I have a couple other 2003 server also in the DMZ that backup just fine so I am sure it is not a firewall issue. I have also repushed the remote agent to the server and stopped and restarted the service several time but nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. Enter a valid license number for Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers on the media server

2. Ensure that the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers running on the remote system is neither old nor incompatible
Note: The version of Backup Exec server and Remote Agent should be the same.

3. Please enable restrict anonymous support on both the backup exec machine and the remote machine. Refer to the foll technotes for the same:

Title :System State and the Utility Partition do not appear in Selections for a remote computer on the other side of a firewall.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258679

Title: How to enable support for "Restrict Anonymous" when using Backup Exec 8.6, 9.x, and 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

4. Also create the user defined share using the netbios name and not the IP address of the remote machine.

5. You have written "when I click on it, it says nothing is available. " If the problem persists please revert to us with an explanation of this statement and an exact error message if seen.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.