cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find SQL Server instance in local Backup Exec server in selection list

steven_man
Level 5

But I have another issue. I cannot find SQL Server instance in local Backup Exec server in selection list.

How to solve this issue to display SQL Server instance ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you ran past the 60-day trial period, then you probably need to edit it out of the BEDB. Log a call with Symantec around this and they can do so.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

If you have a service called SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) on media server then you should be licensed for SQL Agent to view the SQL Instance. 

Not applicable

I can view their SQL Server instance in other two Backup Exec server even if they have not installed SQL Server Agent. 

I want to ask whether all SQL Server instance can be displayed only when Agent for SQL Server installed only.

Do you have method to solve? Such as edit BEDB to display SQL Server instance itself.

Not applicable

the instance can be viewed if sql agent is installed in trial or licensed. Editing the bedb would not help

CraigV

..moved to a new discussion, but it didn't copy your comment Steven about why you can see the BEDB...

You need to make sure that the Agent for Databases and Applications is removed from the media server...it is either in trial or actually installed. This would be the first time I hear of any instance of BE seeing an application for which it isn't licensed.

I doubt editing the BEDB will help to be honest...try running a repair of Backup Exed first...

Thanks!

steven_man
Level 5

CraigV,

you are right. The backup server really installed the Agent for Databases and Application and in trial.

I tried to uninstall Agent for Databases and Applications through the following steps:

Go to Backup Exec button -> "Installation and Configuration" -> "Install Options and Licenses on this backup exec server"-> de-select Agent for Databases and Applications.

Then I go back "Install Options and Licenses on this backup exec server" to find Agent for Databases and Applications still selected, not uninstall.

How can I uninstall Agent for Databases and Applications. Thanks!

CraigV

If you ran past the 60-day trial period, then you probably need to edit it out of the BEDB. Log a call with Symantec around this and they can do so.

Thanks!

CraigV

...I would suggest you run through an installation of BE (ANY version). Once done, check the services tab...this is a service that gets installed. As such, having an agent for SQL installed with a license or in trial doesn't matter at all. The service is there and will ALWAYS be seen.

The license unlocks the ability to see SQL inside BE...so your statement above is completely wrong and totally misleading!

Thanks!