cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make remote server selection.

Gerard_Sims_2
Level 3
I recently had to reinstall BE 10d because of a few problems I was having. Everything is up and running fine now except I cannot create a selection list for my back end exchange server. I have installed the remote agent via the push method which did not work so I uninstalled it and did the manual install by copying the RANT32 directory to that server and running it from there. Both methods made the remote agent appear in add/remove programs but this is the only server I cannot see when I go to create the selection list. I can ping from the media server to the exchange server and vice versa and can hit all drives/shares without being prompted for authentication. I am at a loss here. Anyone seen this before?

Please Note: Media server has been rebooted several times as well as services being restarted. It's running 10d w/ SP2 and Hot fix 43. Exchange server has not and cannot be rebooted at this point in time.

Thanks in Advance.
3 REPLIES 3

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Gerard

Is there a firewall between the servers?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
On the Exchange server, is the RemoteAgent service started?

Gerard_Sims_2
Level 3
It has been resolved. It was a NetBIOS issue. Ran an nbtstat -RR on the media server and it just popped up.