cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot restore full Mailbox Store to Recovery Storage Group - Mailbox Store corrupt?

kheven
Level 3
Hello all.
I'm in an organisation that is running:
one Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP1 server with Backup Exec 11d installed on it.
They have one Exchange Organisation, One Administrative Group, One Mailbox store, and only one database.
I'm trying to restore the full Mailbox Store to the Mailbox Recovery Storage Group.
However, when restoration is complete, Backup Exec says that it has failed.
I check the Event Logs, and see 2 errors:
1 is from Source: Backup Exec, Event ID: 57922
An error occurred while registering a database restore with the Microsoft Exchange Server \\servername\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group.
Error Code: 0xFFFFFB4A
Error Message: (well this is blank. there is no error message here)
The 2nd event is from Source: ESE Backup, Event ID: 904
Information Store (3824) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreComplete ended with error 0xC80004B6 The database file is either damaged or cannot be found.

Any ideas?
I can say for sure that at the time of taking the backup, the database was certainly not corrupt, as it passed in the integrity check I ran on it with 'eseutil'.

Thanks in advance
Kevin
1 REPLY 1

kheven
Level 3
The plot thickens...

I was able to successfully do a backup of the Mailstore using the built-in Windows Backup.
I then restored the Mailstore using Windows Backup, and guess what? It worked! Mounted straight away - no fuss.
So Backupexec itself is the problem here, not the Exchange database, as I had thought all along.
Will play with some Backupexec options over the next few days and see what I come up with.