cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see content of server after installing the Client (12.5)

LMoerk
Level 4
I have a problem with one server, and only this one.
We have had this problem for quite a long time.

First I could not install the client, then I gave it up and we did a backup otherwise. Now I would like to try again, and suddently I could install the client. (But only by duing the installation manually on the server where we needs to backup data).
So far so good.  Now I could add the data I wanted to the selection list. No problems.

Now when I want to check my backupjob, it have failed with this server, and now I cannot see the contents of the server through backup exec. Tried to do another installation with the push function from the backupexec server, and now I got a message telling me that there was an update. Fine, reinstalled, and the installtion suceeded. But still no go.

It seems that I can connecct to the server, but I get no contents from the BackupEXEC.
There are no firewalls configured. Only the Endpoint client, which only have antivirus!

Any clues to what is going on?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

have you tried uninstalling the Remote Agent, booting and Re-Installing on the problemn server?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1) What is the OS on this problem server?

2) Have you re-booted this server after the agent update?

LMoerk
Level 4
1) Win2003 R2
2) No, it dit not ask me for a reboot.

LMoerk
Level 4
Right clicking the problem server from Backup Exec, and selecting properties, I get this

Remote Agent
Installed: Yes
Stautus: Running
Version: Not Available

Hmm.

LMoerk
Level 4
Ok, after a restart it now works.
Although I am afraid it will fail again, as soon as the server reboots again, or just suddently it halts. I have seen this a couple of times with this server.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

have you tried uninstalling the Remote Agent, booting and Re-Installing on the problemn server?

LMoerk
Level 4
I looks like it is still working.... I will come back when the server reboots the next time, to see if it is still all good.

LMoerk
Level 4
Still working.

Solution.

1) Remove backup exec client agent (was an older version)
2) Reboot server
3) Install new backup exec client agent
4) Reboot