cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog job taking a long time BE 9.1

Chris_Stewart
Not applicable
I am attempting to run a catalog on a AIT 1 tape using a Sony SDX-420c Tape drive and BE 9.1 for Windows Server. The job indicates it is still running with no errors reported, but there is no visible sign of activity. The job has been running over 3 hours. Should it be taking so long to run and if not what could be wrong? Please give any advice. This data is very important.

Chris Stewart
2 REPLIES 2

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Catalog time will be dependant on the environment, like the tape drive, the media, etc. There is no exact time which can be determined for catalogs.

- Does this happen for just 1 tape or all?
- Does this end in any errors?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Paolo_De_Giglio
Not applicable
I am also using an SDX-420c Drive on a Win 2000 Server, Xeon 2.6GHz, 1GB RAM.
The Catalog Job has been running for 25.5hrs with no sign of failure but also states that it has processed 0 bytes. I have tried to catalog a tape after the server failed and had to re-instate the OS. (was forced to format). I have tried using the drivers supplied at BackUpExec install and also tried the new drivers available, but all to the same point; the job states it's running but nothing appears to be happening.
When I create a restore job, it shows basic information of the tape ("date-time-Full-media_set-backup_job_name"), but not which files are on it (for single file/folder selection). I do not wish to perform a full restore, but I also need 60% of the files which are on the tape. I am also using an AIT 35GB (230m).
Looking forward to a reply. Many thanks in advance.
Paolo De Giglio