cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Protection Server Configurations (Success Stories)

David_Polvere
Level 3
I am wondering how people are setting up their CPS environments. I have 2 servers and 2 EMC AX100i (iscsi) SANS and i am trying to use CPS from 1 SAN to the other. Each server has an iscsi hba connected to a dedicated iscsi network. Each server also has a network connection to the lan. Server 1 has 3 (virtual) drives (on SAN 1) with a total of 300gb of data. Server 2 has 1 (virtual) drive (on SAN 2) with 500gb of space. Server 2 has BE10d & CPS setup. Server 1 has the CPS agent. I would like to run a continuous sync from server 1 to server 2. When i try the Sync takes forever to finish. I don't think it actually finishes.

When you have a continuous sync, every time a file changes, does all the data get sync'd again or just what has changed?

Is CPS designed for this type of setup?

Can CPS run just over the dedicated iscsi lan?

Should i be looking for another product?
1 REPLY 1

Stumpr2
Level 6
> Should i be looking for another product?

It appears that maybe you should since no one answered or showed in any interest in answering your post. jk

"Backup Exec 'Panther' is now generally available! The Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (Formerly Backup Exec 'Panther' Beta) has been officially released and is now included with each new license of Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers at no additional charge. For more information on Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers, now including Continuous Protection Server, please visit: www.backupexec.com. As this is now a shipping product, support for Backup Exec 'Panther' Beta will no longer be provided on this forum. For support issues or technical concerns please address through traditional support. "

Here is a link to the Backup Exec For Windows Servers - 10.x Moderated Forum
http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/forum.jspa?forumID=103

Try posting your questions there.Message was edited by:
Bob Stump