cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAG Task backup exec version is not updated

ahtshun
Level 4

Hi Support,

I updated BE 15 FP5 and installed the hotfix. Agent has been updated on all mailbox and CAS servers. However, the DAG backup task version is not updated. The last 4 servers are mailbox and CAS servers as per the attached. This happens to all previous updates. What i did was to recreate the DAG job manually. Can someone help? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you tried to remove the agent and then push-install it from the media server again? Thanks!

Hi Craig,

I never try that before. Even restarting all mailbox and CAS servers didnt help.

Beside reinstall the agent, is there other ways to try?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As this is a DAG, make sure evey node of the DAG has received the updated agent

Hi Colin,

Yes both of the mailbox servers are updated with the latest agent. Version 14.2.1180.3153.

Please refer to the screenshot that I uploaded in my first post. The last 4 machines are mbx and CAS servers.

Colin_Weaver

So if you just leave it for a week or so - does if eventually refresh itself?

1. Manually remove backup agent on both mailbox servers

2. Restart both servers

3. Push and install backup agent from BE server console

4. Restart both servers.

5. Restart all BE services on BE server console

I did what you've suggested but it didnt help.

I do not see the point but i did wait a bit longer but version did not get updated.

Any expert can offer some help?

Colin_Weaver

The reason I asked how long you waited is that we have seen some refreshes that are cosmetic in nature  take 24hours to update (because the check for status change is possibly daily for less critical information)

If however you still have a problem then I'd suggest a formal support case is logged - these community forums can solve some things (from the collective knowledge) but are not suitable to look into potential defects that need and in-depth review.