cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Agent & PST files

Blanca_Fondevil
Level 2
Hi, I'm testing The Desktop Agent and I have a lot problems.. but for the moment I expose only the problems about pst files .

1) In a Pst I can do folders, if I change the name from a folder for ex. "Folder" to "New Folder".. the Agent don't detect the change and next time there are some changes it create a new folder with the name "New Folder" and duplicate the files and folders from "Folder". And now you have the information duplicate.. and now you never could delete "Folder" because in the source pst don't exist.. but in the backed pst yes..
This is bad because the backed pst is more big that the source pst... and it's diferent.

2) When I delete one folder from de pst with a lot MB's.. and after I execute the comand "Empty "Deleted Items" in the PST.. in the source it's deleted for ever but sometimes if the folder is big (150MB) this mails appear in the Deleted Items Folder in the backed pst.
Another time the backed pst is bigger that source pst..

3) The other problem is that if the user delete a lot mails.. for exemple. You have one pst with 800 MB and now you has reduced to 500MB (because you compact the pst).. the source is 500MB but the backed up pst is 800MB!!

I think this third problem can be resolved with one .bat that every night compact the pst files.. but I don't find one command line to compact pst.. 8(

Please, If you can help me..
Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

1. Please update the selections while backing up the data

2. How many revisions have you kept. Maybe there are several revisions hence the pst appears to be larger.

3. please refer to the technote bleow to do incremental backup:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/270049

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.