cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Backup Exec. I want only one user to be allowed to perform backup on one desktop.

Frodo_DK
Level 2
Hi.

If the CLO client is installed, all user that logs on to the machine will automatically perform a backup, according
to their setting in the profile.

Now, I want to assign 1 user per machine. I do not want multiple users to perform a backup on the machines
they log on to.

The reason:
We have all our data in c:\data on every machine. That means that every user, besides the owner of the machine, that logs on to this machine will perform a backup of another users data.
We could place the userdata below the users profile in documents and settings, which we do on all new installations, but we have still 600 machines where the data is in c:\data and arround 35 locations, so it is not that easy to move the data when installing the backup program. We just do not have the time.
.pst files are also placed in c:\data and needs to be detached and attached when we move the data to
a new location.

Does anyone know if this functionality can be found in DLO. If not, does anyone have an idea of an easy workarround?

All answers will be appreciated.

Best Regards
Frodo

0 REPLIES 0