cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO - error V-139-52224-1020

Poljo
Level 3

I did the direct upgrade from BE 11d v7170 SP5 to BE 2010R3 SP2
I have the problem with the DLO. When trying to add the user in DLO console I get the error " Error "V-139-52224-1020 unable to add user domain\user. The system returned the following message: 80040e14" occurs while trying to add the users in the Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) console.".

I tried the steps in the article: TECH59003.

Coping the appropriate version of the file XPDLOShareu.dll (64bit or 32bit) to the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn" folder did not help.

Upgrade the DLO Database manually. I was ok with upgrading database 10d to 11d by running the scripts from ..\Backup Exec\DLO directory

OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXECDLO -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgrade20.sql
OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXECDLO -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgrade30.sql
OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXECDLO -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgrade.sql
OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXECDLO -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgradeMoe.sql

Upgrade from version 11d to 12.0 OR up to 12.5 and 2010 by running commands from ..\Backup Exec\DLO directory

OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXEC -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgrade20.sql
OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXEC -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgrade30.sql
OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXEC -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgrade.sql
OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXEC -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgradeMoe.sql

ended up with the error: Cannot open database "BE_DLO" requested by the login. The login failed.

I connected to my backup server using SQL Server Management Studio and I connected to:

XXXXXX\BKUPEXEC (SQL Server 9.0.4035)
There is only one database under this instance - BEDB (Compatibility level: SQL Server 2005 (90))

XXXXXX\BKUPEXECDLO (SQL Server 8.0.760) -
There is only one database under this instance - BE_DLO (Compatibility level: SQL Server 2000 (80))

I tried this registry change which I found as a possible resolution related to Error "V-139-52224-1020 which did not resolve the issue

1) Start > Run > regedit
2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Symantec > DLO > AdminConsole > User Interface
3) A new DwORD Key is added: New > DWORD Value
3) Name: SelectUserGroupValidate
4) Value: 0

I am not sure how I can upgrade the database BE_DLO up to the appropriate compatibility level by running commands for upgrade for BKUPEXECDLO instance where database BE_DLO is not even located. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try providing necessary rights for the BE_DLO database using this KB & try re-running the OSQL commands again

And does this error occur when adding a specific user OR any user ?

Poljo
Level 3

What is the KB # again? I got this error when adding any user.

I am confused with what commands to run!

According to the documentation

Upgrade the DLO Database manually. Run the following scripts to manually upgrade the DLO database from version 10d to 11d OR from version 11d to 12.0 OR up to 12.5 and 2010
On the DLO server, open a command prompt and run the following commands from the ..\Backup Exec\DLO directory:

OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXEC -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgrade20.sql
OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXEC -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgrade30.sql
OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXEC -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgrade.sql
OSQL -E -S %COMPUTERNAME%\BKUPEXEC -d BE_DLO -i DLODBUpgradeMoe.sql
NOTE: For upgrading DLO database from 10d to 11d the database name should be BKUPEXECDLO

The confusing thing for me is how to run the upgrade for database BE_DLO under instance BKUPEXEC when in my case BE_DLO is located under the BKUPEXECDLO instance.

Thank you,

Poljo
Level 3

Both databases BE_DLO under the instance BKUPEXECDLO and BEDB under the instance BKUPEXEC have the same security logins.My understanding of this error (Cannot open database "BE_DLO" requested by the login) that the sripts cannot be run on BE_DLO database because there is no one under the instance BKUPEXEC and yet when I ran commands using BKUPEXECDLO instance the BE_DLO is only upgraded to compatibilty level SQL Server 2000 (80).