cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Monthly Backup slots?

wrathy_imp
Level 3
Hi,

We have Fujitsu-Siemens MTC-Changer LTO3 Auto-loader. I would like to define slots for monthly back, so the monthly backup takes tape drives from that slot only, and also same for the weekly and daily backups too.

I have check the article 206843, We have Veritas Backup Exec 10, I would like to know how can i define my slots after creating paritions to my backups. To i have to re-schudle all my backups?

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Terry__Myers
Level 2
We have partitioned our tape library also. You should be able to modify the job, just changing the device.

Open Properties of job, select Device and Media on the left.

On the Right, under Device, select the desired partition. If All Devices is selected, it will backup wherever.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please update us on the issue?

Thank You,

Shweta

wrathy_imp
Level 3
I am now facing one more problem related to my daily backup.
Now the daily backup is assigning 2 tapes as overwriteables, so if i split or partition i think there might be a problem occuring in my setup. So, i have to wait till friday to implement this tips.

Shweta, Why is my Daily Backup marking two tapes as overwritable?
Would you please put some light on it.

Thank you.

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Can you clarify what you mean since backup jobs don't make tapes overwritable, then just overwrite them.

Do you mean the job is now taking up two tapes rather than just one? In which case you still shouldn't have a problem as you can make you partitions what ever size you want, so just make the partition contain two rather than one slot.

The only other thing I can think of that you could be referring to is that two tapes are becoming overwritable, eg are displayed in blue rather than black, but that would purely be due to the time since they were last used, but due to a backup job running.