cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete old Backupfiles Exchange GRT

thho
Level 3

Hello,

I've BE 2010 R3 on a W2k8 R2 and use GRT option to backup/restore singel mailitems.

The backup and restore works fine but the problem is the diskspace. The needed space from GRT grows up because old files will not deleted. So my question is how to setup the job to only keep backups from the last 2 or 4 weeks and owerwirte older files?

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Either erase those files under Devices, or set your Append/Overwrite Protection Periods accordingly. If they're not correct, you'll simply build up B2D files until the B2D is full.

You need to expire them in time to return them to scratch. Check out those settings on your media set and move them back a bit and see the outcome...

Thanks!

EDIT: If you use B2D, don't select the option to append...rather overwrite the media.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using overwrite for your jobs?  There may be problems overwriting the .img files if you use append.

Set the OPP of your media set to 2 weeks and go to Tools ---> Options and use this option

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Configure media set with 2 or 4 weeks of OPP(overwrite protection period)

2) Configure backups jobs to overwrite

3) In BE console, click on Tools->Options->Media Management-> select " use recycable media

before using scratch media"

4) Make sure you have installed all the latest updates for the Backpu Exec and remote agent 

thho
Level 3

Thank you for your answers. Maybe I've a wrong job set.

I've one job to backup the database from our Exchangeserver. With this job I set the option to save the transactionlogs with cps. So I've only one mediaset for database and ta-logs. If I set the media opp to 2 weeks so every day the size of the database (80GB) comes up.

Is this the false way?