cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document ID: 275898

Joe_Callus_2
Level 2
How do I do a manual local install of OFO?
I have the exact problem described in #275898, however when I reach step 10 figure #3 I am unable to make any changes and the drop down box does not seem to work.
OFO is installed and working on remote computers but not on local server, error message is;
AOFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: VERITAS Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
AOFO: The required module VSPAPI.dll cannot be found. The Advanced Open File Option may not be properly installed. Reinstall this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.

... do you have instructions for manually installing as in previous versions?

thank you!
5 REPLIES 5

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused because of
the delayed response. Please let us know if your issue
still persists. If yes, please refer the steps mentioned
below. If not, we will mark this case as assumed
answered and move it to answered questions pool.

Are you using Backup Exec in the evaluation version or licesed? If you are using a licensed version of Backup Exec, you have to enter the License key for Advanced Open File Option. Only then the option to select the AOFO in the menu will be activated.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two
business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed
answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’
pool.

Joe_Callus_2
Level 2
Thank you for the response, I still have the problem.
I am using a licensed version and have corectly entered the license numbers for the OFO option, however it does not install. I have tried removing and re-installing OFO many times.
This version is a version upgrade from version 9 and version 9 numbers are still listed in addition to the version 10 serial numbers.
I have tried many solutions but the OFO will not install, I have even tried installing and configuring the OFO option within Back-up Exec without success, although it seems to configure without error.
I am lead to belive that something with OFO, perhaps in windows registry, is causing the problem. BTW OFO was installed at one point and functioning properly.

Any advice on forcing a manual install?

thanks!

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Does the problem regarding AOFO install on the media server still persist? If yes, do elaborate as to how many AOFO licenses you use. Do also send us the license numbers for analysis. Do you get any errors in your attempt to enable the AOFO option from tool-serial numbers-install.

Awaiting your update on the above.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Joe_Callus_2
Level 2
Thank you Priya, the problem still persists and we have given up and are in the process of replacing the software.

We are using 2 licenses for OFO.

When I remove and re-install the OFO licesces using the Add serial numbers and installation.

The ofo was installed and working properly and then stopped working with the previous error messages and refuses to re-install.

The whole process of installingand configuring has taken months and is still unstable.

Thank you!

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Mr Callus,

I would like to give you a suggestion that you may like to contact Veritas Technical Support who would be able to help you in resolving this issue online. Please note that its a paid service.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.