cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Remote agent

SDA_Support
Level 2
I am a bit confused. Reading all the relevant posts my problem is a little different but the same. I have the licenses installed on my BE server for Domino agent. When I go to install the remote agent on the domino server the remote agent is not listed. In a post for 10d and 9 it said that it would not be listed becuse it was installed locally. But other posts referring to 11d specifically mention restarting the remote agent on the domino server.  I have the licenses show in BE so it is a bit confusing, The domino server comes up specifically in the "favourites" screen when setting up a job, does this mean the agent is installed. Is there one universal agent that covers open files, domino, Exchange, etc.?

I do not see specifically a domino agent service. There is a BE remote agent for Windows systems

When I click to browse the domino databases, the BE manager freezes for a long time. If you are patient enough if will come up with a failure screen. We have two drives with databases. C: and D:. I can browse C: drive but not D: drive. This seems to be in line with others. The unofficial solution is to install 10d remote agent.

When my backup job runs it stops on this server as well. This points to an agent issue.

Can it be clarified how the agent is installed on the domino server?
Can it be clarified why it freezes
Can it be clarified how to install the agent?.
2 REPLIES 2

Eng_Kiong_SIM
Level 3

My installation was fine and i was able to see the lotus notes icons but the box is greyed out. I have not solved the issue yet.  Is your grey out too?

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi.

The agent is installed on the Remote Server with the Remote Agent, there is no other service, 

When the server enumerates the remote agent checks to see if it is a Domino server, with the license installed on the Media Server, this is how you can see the selections.

This is the same as the SQL agent and Exchange agent. 

It is "freezing" during the enumeration process, this when the remote agent attempts to locate all of the nsf files on the server.

Here is a technote that describes the process:

Symantec is working on the hotfix for this issue, if you subscribe to the technote you will receive an update as soon as the hotfix is released. 

The current workaround is to either run a scheduled task to restart the Remote Agent Service before a backup or to install the 10d agent. 

I hope that this clears up any confusion.

Thank you.
Patty