cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done redirect on Exchange 5.5, what next

Braulio_Busquia
Not applicable
OK. I got a good backup of my 5.5 Exchange server, I created a new machine with same site and organization information. I created a restore job that redirected from my production server to my test server. The job finishes without restarting the Exchange services. Fine, I got this far.

What do I do now? Where is there a white paper for this? Or a How To?

1) If I run an eseutil /mh the edb file is inconsistent. Is that normal?
2) I deleted that registry key (restore in progress)
3) Do I run eseutil and all its switches (this takes hours!)
4) Do I run the isinteg -fix?
5) Do I run the isinteg -patch?

Where is there more information on this?

Thanks for all your help!

B
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Note: It is strongly suggested that Microsoft Article Q224977 and Q182903 are read completely before resolving this issue. It is also advisable that only someone with good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange run the Exchange utility applications.

ESEUTIL will bring the Information Store and Directory store or Directory Services to a consistent state.

As you have mentioned that after running the eseutil/mh you found that edb file is inconsistent, it is may be bacuse the databse was backed up in inconsistent state.
In backup exec there is no option to check the databse consisatancy for Exchange like in SQL.
So we suggest you to contact Microsoft before running the exchnage utilities.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.