cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver load failure 0x800F020B

ravishankar551
Level 2

Hi am using BE 10d with IBM Ultrium TD3 tape drive and due to recent hardware issue the tape drive was replaced with the same model now am getting an error "There is no media found"

But actually the tape is inserted while doing inventory it gives message 

Error                  : 458 - No media in drive.

When i check the license information in BE it shows Tivoli Storage manager licensed - yes, Installed - No.

Tried running tapeinst.exe and getting error message "Driver load failure 0x800F020B"

what could be the next possible step

Device manager shows the tape drive and when i check the driver information of the tape drive Driver Provider: VERITAS Software Inc., Version 5.1

Kindly help me to move forward its a branch office with no backups done for the past 2 weeks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Go to the BE installation directory and use tapeinst.exe to delete all occurances of both the old and the new tape drives.  If tapeinst.exe fails, then delete the tape drive from the BE console

Delete the tape drive from the device manager.

2) Stop the media server and the tape drive

3) Start the tape drive

4) Start the media server

5) Ensure that  tape drive is recognised and functioning correctly in the Windows Device Manager. The library should appear as an Unknown Medium Changer with a Microsoft driver and the tape drive should have a Symantec driver.

6) In BE, install the tape drive if necessary.  Go to Tools --> Wizards ---> Device Configuration Wizard to do so.

7) Target your jobs to some other device, save it and then target it to the tape drive again.

8) Try again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Go to the BE installation directory and use tapeinst.exe to delete all occurances of both the old and the new tape drives.  If tapeinst.exe fails, then delete the tape drive from the BE console

Delete the tape drive from the device manager.

2) Stop the media server and the tape drive

3) Start the tape drive

4) Start the media server

5) Ensure that  tape drive is recognised and functioning correctly in the Windows Device Manager. The library should appear as an Unknown Medium Changer with a Microsoft driver and the tape drive should have a Symantec driver.

6) In BE, install the tape drive if necessary.  Go to Tools --> Wizards ---> Device Configuration Wizard to do so.

7) Target your jobs to some other device, save it and then target it to the tape drive again.

8) Try again.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is BE 10d completely updated with SP4 and Device Driver Installer 20061015 ?

ravishankar551
Level 2

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your updates, restarted the BE services ran ibm dianostic tool and the backup completed successfully.

I have BE 10d with no SP