cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate job / Source job missing

Mike_Lee_2
Level 3
Good Evening,

I am trying to setup a duplicate job. I have a backup to disk running each night, and that works great. But I want to be able to duplicate that job, or actually 'copy' the data from B2D to the tape.

I do the duplicate job option and I don't have an option for source, I was reading that it won't show up if not scheduled, but it is.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!
4 REPLIES 4

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Mike,

I would like to know what exactly is happening. I request you to elaborate on the issue in details.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Mike_Lee_2
Level 3
Well, when I select say my "B2D - Tuesday" job and click duplicate job and chose the second option. I only have the choice of choosing my "B2D - Monday" job. After each B2D job each day I want it to copy to tape, is this possible?

Thanks,

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Is the Backup set from Tuesday visible in "Restore" > "Selections" window.

If so, try cataloging the Backup to Disk Folder and verify.

Is the Backup to Disk getting overwritten every alternate night?

How are the Media Set properties configured?

Overwrite Protection Period and Append Period?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Mike_Lee_2
Level 3
I contacted support. For some reason something was up with the DB. I had to re-create all my backup jobs in order to view it in the duplicate settings.

Problem solved.

Thanks,