cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Quering Writer Status

Chris_Corcoran
Level 2
Hi,

I am having a problem and I need some serious help.
I have Vertas Backup Exec 9.1 running on Windows Server 2003, which is a DC. I but I cant seem to get Backup Exec to back up to tape, or at all. I have an error in everyone of my failed backups that says something to the affect of "a000fed1 A failure occurred querying the Writer status".

I checked veritas support and followed though on there advice to no avil, and I checked with microsoft and they said a hotfix was released to fix it, but I have it installed and it still doesnt work.

I also have a second remote backup system called LiveVault which apprently uses its own open file manager. The company live vault told me to remove veritas' open file manager, but the directions they gave me were wrong.

Can anybody help me? I have even gone so far as to reinstalled the OS and the BackUp Exec!

Please, help.

-Chris
1 REPLY 1

Nishant_desai
Level 4
Hi Chris,

I went through your post and it seems to be a problem with the VSS Application Writer.

1)Refer to the following technote

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/261993.htm

The above technote gives the detailed description as to how to determine which writer is exactly failing and what you need to do to fix it.

2)Install service pack2 for Backup Exec 9.1

3)After doing these steps go ahead and run a new job and see if its running successfully.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’
and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.