cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error V-79-57344-4611 whlie performing Backup2Disk BackupExec 11d all SP and patches applied.

Miron_Shabalin
Not applicable
Hi,
I have 2 servers running Windows Server 2003 Standard. One is DC controller for my domain, the other is running Exchange Server 2003.
The Backup Exec is running on DC server, every day at night, on business days backing up to tape and weekends backing up to Backup2Disk folder, residing on DC server. Both jobs use the same selection list.

The error occurs only while performing Backup2Disk job. The same selection list and options work fine with tape.
The error I'm getting is as following:
V-79-57344-4611 - An error occurred creating or accessing the directory ???? specified for this operation. Ensure that the directory is accessible and can be written to.

Where ???? are usually some ASCII symbols similar to Japanese characters. Every time I perform Backup2Disk job, these symbols are different than on previous error. Please note: my system uses English language only as we are located in Canada and never used Japanese for any purposes.

All the latest SP and patches for BackupExec were applied.

Please HELP!
1 REPLY 1

Hinsen
Level 3
We had a similar problem when backingup Russian or Hebrew caracters. The job just ended without further explination. We extendended the log and found that it stopped in the same directory every time. It turns out that Backup Exec Job Engine stops working when backing up filenames and search paths longer than 256 caracters.

The reason for this is that a Russian/hebrew caracter becomes 8 caracters long when being read by Backup Exec. The Symantec response to this issue is that it will be solved in Version 13 or later...