cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Error backing up mailboxes. a000fe09 - The directory is invalid.

TMeares
Not applicable
I have a insurance company they just bought a new server and put Veritas 9.1 on it. When backing up exchange mailboxes i get this error. The first error GLByars was because he was deleted but not yet purged so i purged it. The second error states file was in use so it was skipped no big deal on those two. The third error goes on like that for about 1000 more times same user the gibberish after that changes somewhat on down. The user is active and has about 28,987 files in his mailbox. Im backing up 28 user mailboxs none give a problem but his.  It says the hole job FAILED. However i can restore any files from the backup they are all there. including his emails even though he has so many we cannot tell if it all was backed up. I can post more of the error log but its lengthy with mostly the same text and did not want to spam the post. Any idea what would be causing this or how to get rid of it but still backup this users mailbox?

Backup started on 3/13/2008 at 8:40:52 AM.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory ?GL Byars [gb] and its subdirectories.
Access denied to file Haig Wright [hwright]?Top of Information Store?Inbox?Walker_Area_208[1].pdf.
The item \\SBSSRV01\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Haig Wright [hwright]?Top of Information Store?Inbox????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Walker_Area_208[1].pdf in use - skipped.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory ?Joe Nichols [jnichols]??hurch?b???
Ac???????? |C????????????overy Pa ?d?caloosa (SIR) and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory ?Joe Nichols [jnichols]??hurch?b???
Ac???????? |C????????????overy Pa ?d?caloosa (SIR) and its subdirectories.
0 REPLIES 0