cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: e000846b, Backup exec Remote Agent service keep stopping itself when backing up local System States

tomking
Level 3
Symantec Backup Exec is installed on a server run Win 2003 R2, it's the primary DC. Tape drive is Tandberg LTO 3, installed externally. After installed Hotfix 16, the tape is recognized fine. No issue with that.  Tried one full backup for this server itself (local). Job failed when try to backup the system state with error:

Error: e000846b, The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.

Other backup target like C: D: and Shadow copy component are passed successfully.

Checked Symantec doc, I've selected the right NIC card in Tools/Options but still get same error. The Remote Agent Services on the server always stops when backupexec try to backup System States. Even I  restart the services, it still stops itself.

Not sure if anyone else have this issue? Is this happened because I am backing up the local server?

Message Edited by tomking on 11-19-2007 05:10 PM
4 REPLIES 4

Alexander_Papad
Level 4
Partner Certified
I face the same problem while backing up the 2 win 2000 DCs remotely. I get always exception in some file and when i had AOFO enabled the service stopped while backing up data. Try a backup without AOFO enabled

tomking
Level 3
Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I didnt install AOFO component at all. So this should not be the cause. Just wondering which option should I choose in Settings -> Advanced. Right now Backup files following Junction points is checked. Is that the right one?

Tom

Alexander_Papad
Level 4
Partner Certified
Have you applied all the HotFixes and Service Packs for Backup Exec?

tomking
Level 3
Only SP1 and hotfix 16 so far. I will try update to SP2 tomorrow.